What is Acuvue Oasys?
Acuvue Oasys is a type of contact lens from the Acuvue brand, which is part of Johnson & Johnson Vision Care.
Acuvue Oasys are disposable contacts. According to the Acuvue website, a person can wear these lenses for 1 day or 2 weeks, depending on the type they buy.
Acuvue also offers specialized lenses for people with:
- Myopia, also known as nearsightedness
- Hyperopia, also known as farsightedness
- Astigmatism, a bend in the lens or cornea of the eye that causes blurry vision
- Presbyopia, a natural loss of vision as a person gets older, which can make nearby objects appear blurry
- options for 1-day or 2-week contact lens replacements according to an individual’s comfort preference
- a money-back guarantee
- a person can order these online or at a doctor’s office
- lenses are specialized for different conditions
- individuals can use insurance or health savings accounts to help cover the cost
- its high cost
- it may not work well for all prescriptions or eye problems
- its daily replacement lenses may start to feel uncomfortable within 5 hours